Education Level : Degree
Gender : Male/Female
Experience Level : Associate
Experiences : 1 - 5 years
Salary Type : Monthly
Salary : Negotiate
The Assignment Editor selects, prioritizes, develops and plans ideas for news items - such as events, stories or interviews - to be covered by the channel.
The individual will be expected to maintain contact - and liaise regularly with - government departments and official agencies, NGOs, business groups, foreign embassies and other news sources to obtain information regarding news stories. This will involve on-the-day practical support for the live program team as well as planning ahead for the following day’s news coverage.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A passion for live TV news
- The ability to work fast, accurately and under pressure.
- An interest in business and finance would be advantageous
- First-class editorial judgment – the ability to know what is newsworthy - and a keen attention to detail
- Team leadership and communication skills
- A solid command of English is desirable
- A willingness to learn and adopt Bloomberg values and standards